Recently Knights and Merchants has received a lot of attention on Steam. KaM Remake is a must try if you are looking for a real HD version of Knights and Merchants. To assist Steam users we have added a FAQ entry on this topic:
Q: How do I install KaM Remake if I have the Steam version of KaM?
You need to launch Knights and Merchants from Steam at least once before you run the KaM Remake installer, otherwise the installer will not detect it. Apart from that, just download the full installer from our downloads page and run it. If you want to have the Steam overlay while playing, you can add KaM Remake to your Steam library by clicking Games -> Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library on the Steam main menu.
Today we reached a special milestone, so we thought we’d take this opportunity to share with you some statistics about the project (it is also almost exactly 1 year since our last official release, so statistics on the past 12 months is easy to calculate).
We often receive emails from players asking us if they can play KaM Remake on their Mac. We have some good news for those players!
PaulTheTall has made a WineSkin wrapper for running KaM Remake under Mac OSX. Rutger from our fan community made a tutorial video explaining how to use it:
For more information and an alternative video tutorial, visit our Mac OSX and Linux page. Let us know in the comments if you get KaM Remake running on your Mac
Members of our community Sado and Mixons are organising a 2 vs 2 tournament. The tournament will be played in a special beta version of the KaM Remake that supports live multiplayer spectating. This will allow many of the tournament games to be live streamed and commentated so anybody can watch. Some of these streams will hopefully have guest commentators, including top KaM players and the KaM Remake developers.
There has been no news on the homepage for a few months now. Let’s fix that! While the next big Demo release date is not yet planned, we have already coded some nice features that will be included. The list is not fancy, but is growing as we work on it.
- Unicode support. We are finally adding proper support for Chinese characters (devblog article). This also means you can correctly see characters from other languages in chat regardless of your selected locale.
- File transfer in multiplayer. So you won’t have to download savegames or new maps via 3rd-party sites. Transfers will be done within the game when the client clicks download.
- Reworked units selection (devblog 1, devblog 2). Selecting units will become easier and more intuitive.
- Even more dynamic scripts. With new script commands even more customization will be possible in missions.
- Bugfixes and small improvements. As always we are fixing reported bugs and adding minor improvements.